[Obituary] Park Seo
时间:2023-12-11 10:02:06 出处:컴퓨터阅读（143）
The news of the death of artist Park Seo-bo at 92 years old on Saturday was met with an outpouring of condolences from around the world, as people remembered Park's legacy and his contributions to the development of dansaekhwa movement.
Earlier this year, Park revealed that he had been diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer. He chose not to receive treatment so that he could keep working. To continue his art, the artist said, he had decided to regard the cancer as a friend that he would live together with for the rest of his life.
Throughout his life, Park was dubbed an “untiring endeavorer,” which was borrowed as the title of his retrospective in 2019 at the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea.
“He was hospitalized on Thursday as he was not feeling well. He fell unconscious Friday as his health rapidly deteriorated and he passed away Saturday morning," a person familiar with the matter told The Korea Herald on Saturday.
- Cast of ‘Norma’ says opera difficult to sing but easy to enjoy
- 33년 경찰 경력 내세워…“안심구청장 누구입니까”
- [Herald Review] Ive gives a sneak peek of new album, kicks off first world tour with Seoul gigs
- DB Robotics invents nation's first hybrid electric rollator
- MBK chairman makes donation to promote Korean art at New York's Met
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains; Israel
- Taemin of SHINee to drop new EP 'Guilty' on Oct. 30
- YG's new girl group Babymonster to debut next month
- Reeling from election loss, ruling party picks new leader posts